The Council meets monthly; its members represent philatelic
societies, stamp clubs, stamp dealers and interested individuals.
The objectives of the WAPC include:
- Bringing into accord the aims and activities of all stamp clubs and
philatelic societies in WA; promoting good fellowship and mutual cooperation.
- Giving assistance to philatelic organisations through the provision
of finance and supply of display frames.
- Protecting the interests of philatelic groups and their members by providing state-wide Public and Product Liability Insurance for the clubs and Volunteer Workers Insurance for the members.
- Encouraging and supporting the formation of new philatelic groups.
Providing advice and materials for this purpose, on request.
- Raising finances in order to promote and foster stamp collecting.
- Liaising with Australia Post and the philatelic trade for the benefit
of stamp collectors.
- Representing the interests of organised philately, positively and
effectively, to community and government organisations.
Council projects include:
- Philatelic workshops
- Organising speakers and displays for club meetings
- Stamping WA booklet
- Administration of the Hasluck Award
- Listing of philatelic literature that is available for loan
- Swan River Stamp Show (held annually)
- Encouraging research into the postal history of Western Australia
- Defibrillator available for all philatelic functions.
The Council is the WA philatelist’s representative body to the
Australian Philatelic Federation (APF), which is a member of the
Federation Internationale de Philatelie (FIP) and the Federation of Inter-Asian Philately (FIAP).
For more information regarding the hobby of stamp collecting in Western Australia, contact the Council via:
John: 0412 722 126
PO Box 886
SUBIACO WA 6904
Click to download a copy of the WAPC Constitution:
CONSTITUTION OF THE WAPC 30 APR 18